Wednesday, February 24, 2010

A lesson in sharing and Lent

Well, yesterday, before we headed out to run some errands, I got the kids one of their more favorite snacks - "A mix" - a modgpodge of whatever cereals are in the cupboard, some craisins, and if they're really lucky some chocolate chips. Yesterday, they were really lucky!

"Be careful not to spill your snacks in Mommy's car."
I don't even think I had finished saying that when I noticed ACE had spilled a small portion of his baggy. (I've learned to expect it...) So, in helping him clean it up, I ate a few bites of cereal.

ACE is our sharer. He'll always let you play with his toy, give you a bite of his brownie, and if he's ever offered something from somone (like a sticker from his preschool teacher), he always asks politely if he can have one for his "brudder." It's just who he is.

So, he was happy to share, but was a bit concerned I might have had some of his treasured chocolate. He asked, "What did you eat, mom? Did you eat a chocolate?"

"No, I told you, I don't eat chocolate right now," I responded.

"Why not? Are you 'wergic' [translation: allergic]?"

"No, I'm not eating chocolate so I will think about God more and what He did for me."

"Oh, does He not eat chocolate, either?"

1 comment:

Elise said...

So cute! Miss you, Erin :-)