Thursday, February 4, 2010

Kids say the darndest

I haven't been posting enough of our everyday commentary lately, so I thought I'd take a second, as I procrastinate on my bookkeeping and write a few of the latest down.

A compliment, I think.
While trying on one of several new dresses I ordered online to choose from for our romantic get-away, Isaac in a very excited and surprised voice said, "Wow mommy, I like it! It makes you look like a whole better person!"
I'll take that as a compliment!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

A lesson in politics
Early in January, as I was working on end-of-month and end-of-year paperwork for Candela, at breakfast one morning, Isaac said, "Mommy, can we be the parents today and you and daddy be the kids?" Playing along with it, I said, "sure, but I have a lot to do today...I have to clean up the kitchen after breakfast."
Excitedly both boys said, "yeah, we can do that."
"I have to make all the beds..."
Again, another very enthusiastic, "okay, we can do that!"
"I have to do lots of laundry."
Yet another positive response, as if I was telling them we could go to the zoo today.
And then I said, "oh, and I have to get all the taxes done for the business."
There was a short pause. Then Austin, a bit concerned, said, "I don't know how to do that!"
Isaac piped up quickly and said, "Oh, I do. We just send all the money to the president!"

Whoa! Where that came from, I don't know, but by George, I think he's got it!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
An Assertive Little Girl
Elyse says so many funny things these days. She talks non-stop! I know Joey can attest to that, after 9+9. (Okay, all of my kids talk pretty much non-stop!) Apparently Kurt's and my introverted-tendencies did not get passed along in the genes...

My favorite funny thing that Elyse is doing currently is putting her brothers or the dog in their place. In a very firm and assertive voice, my sweet little angel will say/shout, "Soward SIT," or "Soward, NO!" What's best is, "Boys, stop that now!" or "Ace, sit down!" It really is quite funny coming from the mouth of a 21 month old!

That's all for now. Once my memory kicks in again, hopefully I'll jot some more down.

2 comments:

Kirby said...

Elyse is 21 months old!! Yikes where have I been for the past year ;-)

JoAnn said...

great stuff. yeah, Elyse was constatly putting Lily in her place. ha! and Isaac, that boy's got wisdom beyond his years.