Tuesday, February 2, 2010

A Dream Come True

Kurt and I will celebrate 10 years of marriage on September 9, 2010. BUT, we just celebrated our 10-year anniversary of our engagement on December 30th, 2009! SO, we decided it was time to celebrate - Hawaii style! Actually, we were starting to plan a special trip for September, when our good friend, and best man from our wedding, announced that he'd be getting married on Kauai in January. Immediately we decided we were going to do everything we could to make it happen. With the kids, that's a little easier said than done, but thanks to my INCREDIBLE, super, selfless (insert any and all possitively amazing adjectives here) Aunt JoAnn and a little help from Hannah, Wes, and even Hayley, the kids were in extremely loving hands, had a blast, and we got to enjoy Kurtie and Erin time for the first time since having all three!! It was amazing. Truly, a dream trip. We are so blessed! I am so thankful for my wonderful husband and that I get to wake up next to my best friend each and every day!! What a blessing! Some one at Nathan's wedding said, "I wish for you two, what I have." (referring to his marriage.) I completely agree. I don't think there's anything else you could hope for more than a great marriage! And I have it! Praise God!

We took over 600 photos and so far have only weeded them down to 500. To start, however, I put together a short little slideshow of some of the shots we got of the two of us - just enjoying being together!

We're now back to reality. Yes, it was hard to leave the beauty and relaxation of Kauai, but you know what, our reality - our kids, our business, our friends, family, and our life in beautiful Colorado - is really a dream come true, too!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Hawaii Love
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

4 comments:

Claire said...

What a wonderful trip! Thanks for sharing the pictures! Congrats on celebrating your anniversary/engagement too!

David Tilney said...

Great pictures. I'm glad you had such a great time! Kauai is such a special place.

Mary said...

Loved your latest blog w/ slide show. Thanks for sharing...can't wait to see the rest of your photos!

Jessie said...

Beautiful pics of what looks like a wonderful trip!