Tuesday, September 30, 2008

A moment of pride

No, this is not a post about mommy pride, rather all about ME! I don't often boast about my abilities, because let's face it, they're far and few between (other than landing myself the most incredible husband out there, and birthing three beautiful kids). BUT, I had two "maybe there's hope for me yet" moments in the past two weeks. First, I hosted a baby shower for my friend, Michelle, a week ago and made my first diaper cake. I was quite proud of the final product.


Then this evening, with two crazy kids running around (literally circles around me), my hubby on the phone with relatives (me adding my two cents), and Elyse needing some lovin', I managed to make what I would term a "date-night" dinner for the four of us. My folks had several pounds of fresh Ahi and Yellow Tail sent overnight to them by a friend today. They shared the wealth with us. Seriously, my favorite indulgence is Ahi! I love it! AND, having been pregnant a lot over the past four years, I've missed out. Anyway, amidst the chaos, the Ahi turned out to be fantabulous, if I don't say so myself! It was TASTY and completely free. (I had all the ingredients! Don't you just love it when that happens?!) Since the fish came from my folks, I figured I should thank them by bringing them our left-overs. I'm not so sure it went over as well with them, but I sure enjoyed it and Kurt and the boys liked it too!

Okay, there actually is a proud mommy moment to share, too. The boys are taking swimming lessons Monday and Wednesday afternoons. They are in the same class (just the two of them) and loving it. Monday, Isaac literally started swimming!!!! Head underwater and floating on his own with arms and legs kicking/stroking (i.e. flaling)! Granted, there's a lot of finess still needed, but he's really doing it! On his own! I was SO proud of him! (He was too!) What an incredible thing to witness your child going from "trying" to actually "succeeding!" When he was born, the 2004 Summer Olympics were in the works. The nurses were all SHOCKED at the size of his feet, so we were saying he'd be the next Michael Phelps...maybe we're on our way!

2 comments:

LitoMiZsPhou3th said...

well i'm new at all of this so i'm tyring to get the hang of bloging and all that. i cam upon urs and saw ur diapper cake and thought it was adorable and really cute..a really great ideal..better then a cake...:)

JoAnn said...

yes, the "cake" is wonderful. I am impressed, but Erin, you ARE creative and artistic... in a crafty kind of way. Wish I had been there to share that dinner with you. all the girls in this house agree that you hit the jackpot with your Kurtie. see you soon.