Saturday, September 13, 2008

Running Behind...

Thursday was our first official day of MOPS! We've had so many meetings and training this year, that I was really ready for MOPS, itself. The boys were excited too. I was bringing an egg dish, so I got that in at the "perfect" time, so it would be done in time, yet, hopefully still hot when MOPS started. I felt like everything was going smoothly and that the kids and I would even be early! I was quite proud of us! Well, with a few hiccups, our preparedness and timeliness quickly turned to running behind.

Austin decided to help out by doing his own hair that morning. He came downstairs, so proud of himself, and this is what I saw. I think he must have used a quarter bottle of Kurt's gel.
 
Although the photo doesn't show it very well, there is a huge "glob" of gel directly in the center of his "nest." He didn't even attempt to rub it in, I don't think! There was so much excess gell, that there was no way I could get away with just adding water and hoping it would look okay. So, after an unexpected shower for Austin, a casserole that took nearly double the time the recipe called for, and the typical mayhem of trying to get everybody in the car, we ended up arriving about 5 minutes late. Thankfully, there's a lot of grace with the women in MOPS...we've all been there! It was a great first week. I think there are some great new moms.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Kirby said...

I'm so glad someone else had the same type first MOPS morning that I did. You did a fabulous job of hiding your frazzledness.