Thursday, October 2, 2008

The Sweetness of Boys

So for some reason, everyone thinks that girls are the sweet ones and boys are the rough and tumble ones. Boys may be rough and tumbly, but they're also so sweet. I can imagine girls are too, and thankfully, I now have the chance to find out on my own!

This week I've been so blessed by these little, random "words/acts of kindness" shared with me by both boys. Austin has just gotten into this stage of coming up to me, completely out of the blue, grabbing my leg and saying, "I love you mommy!" No hidden motivation behind it, simply what he's feeling right then. (Since he's a bit of a Daddy's boy, this such a treat for me!) Also, I'll be helping him with something ALL mothers do, such as helping him adjust his underwear after going potty, so his shirt isn't tucked into them (what mom is going to let her son make a fashion statement like that?!), and he looks up at me with his oh-so-cute, often messy face, and says, "Your the best Mommy!" Oh my word, how'd I deserve that?! I didn't, but I got it!

As I was nursing Elyse this evening and singing to her, Isaac was in his room getting himself dressed for bed. I saw his shadow close to the door. He peeked in, and in a very sweet voice said, "I wuuuuvvv your singing, Mommy." Oh, enough to make all the challenging moments more than worth it for a whole week! They really are so sweet. Elyse is precious, too. As Kurt says, she's at the perfect stage, where all you need to do is look at her and she smiles! That'll do it everytime! Kurt and I are so blessed with these little one's the Lord has gifted us with.
















Here's a cute photo of the three of them last Saturday morning - waiting for "Pancake Day" to officially begin!

Since Isaac goes to a coop preschool, we need to raise funds to support the school. This month's fundraiser was a family photo shoot for $50 if you like the photos. We went tonight. The boys weren't exactly perfectly cooperative, but I'm sure she got some good ones. I can't wait to see, since our house still seriously looks like we only have two kids! I'll post some once we get them.

1 comment:

Kirby said...

Because certain kids (not always boys ;-) are more rough and tumble than others, it kind of makes those moments when they are sweet, even sweeter!!

Sabrina is 17 months old and our house still only reflects three kids, so you're ahead of the power curve.

Thanks for sharing through your blog. I love reading!