Sunday, July 25, 2010

A Mother is Born


I've been wanting to blog about several things for over a month now, but time just hasn't allowed for that. So, tonight, I'm on a blogging marathon.


On June 8th, 2010, my beautiful little niece, Eleanor (Nora) entered this world and our family. She was born 8 or 9 days late, but the hardest wait of it all (for me, anyway) was the five days after her birth before I got to fly out and meet her, and see Lisa and Dan. She is truly a perfect little miracle! It's funny, I always say I'm not much of an "infant person," but I sure did enjoy holding her and staring at her!!

As incredible as it was to meet this new little family member, it was even more moving to see my sister as a mom and to share that piece of life with her! I've always known she would make a phenomenal mother, but I didn't realize how journeying thru motherhood together would deepen our relationship! A true gift! I'm now anxiously anticipating the birth of the next mother - Megs - sometime this fall or winter, most likely! I can only imagine the bond that it will bring to all three of us...actually all four, including our mom!

Happy BIRTHday, new mama! I love you!


No comments: