Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Improvising

Unlike the rest of the country, Colorado is enjoying gorgeous spring-like weather. We're loving it - 70 degrees! The kids enjoyed a picnic lunch in their playhouse today with short sleeves on and no jackets! The zoo was packed yesterday, as if it were a summer day. We can't get enough of this! The only downside to this great weather is we don't have any snow for sledding. However, in the Eilmes household, we came up with a solution to that and are having a great time improvising. I thought we'd share our technique for the rest of you, craving some good ol' fashioned winter fun sans the white fluffy stuff!




I bought several organizing tubs during the sales after Christmas, in hopes of making things feel a bit more in order around here. I must confess, they've been used more as toboggans than organizers. Oh well, we may not be organized, but we're fun!

2 comments:

Claire said...

AWESOME! When I was little we did something very similar at my G-mas...except we put the couch cushions down so it wasn't bumpy...you'll have to give that a try!

JoAnn said...

Was just talking to Hayley today about being excited to be a good grandma, like Mimi. I said how I thought I was a pretty good mom, "maybe not as good as Erin". You're one up on me once again. Thanks for the posts.