Monday, January 26, 2009

Comments from the peanut gallery

Over the past few weeks I've been realizing how soon my days of three young kids at home with me will be over. I know it's not overly common for moms in the midst of this stage (chaos) to already grieve this time, but I am. I can't believe how fast it's going. When I allow myself to get away from the "to do" lists and just listen to and enjoy my kids, I realize what an incredibly special time of life this is! They bring so much joy! (Lots of turmoil, too, but incredible joy!)

Isaac has been cracking me up with his "little adult" vocabulary lately, so I thought I'd share:

Just the other night I made a gourmet dinner of pizza, broccoli salad, and fruit salad. Isaac sat down at the table, looked at the bowls of salads on the table and said, "Wow mom, did you make all this? This looks delightful!" It was hysterical!

Then, just now, Isaac was working on the kids page from the newspaper. He was doing a dot-to-dot, which happened to be two dogs. He looked down at Soward and said, "Soward, you're a genius! It's two dogs!"

Too funny! Plenty of funny things come out of Austin's mouth too, I just have Isaac's on the mind right now. Needless to say, we're never lacking for a good laugh around here!

3 comments:

skm22777 said...

Keep them coming...I'm living vicariously through your chattin' kiddos since mine's only saying vowel sounds. Oh, and we love the Holy Cow story.

Jessie said...

Are you kidding? I grieve at the end of every little stage. One of my friends was venting about her kids (as we all do...like this morning when mine BOTH spilled cereal and were sassy and got sent to their rooms) and I just said "don't wish it away." It's so true...I don't wish it away at all. (and now you got me all teary-eyed)

Kirby said...

I just can't really put into words how emotional I get about my kids growing up. I just wish I could keep them all between the ages of 3 and 5 years old.