Wednesday, January 7, 2009

A Day of Blunders

It's only noon and I've already had a day that needs to be written in red and then burned. I'm seriously starting to think I'm losing my mind. That whole joke about giving birth to part of your brain with each child is starting to feel way too real. I guess it's a third of your brain with each pregnancy. (For those struggling with fractions, that leaves me with NONE!)

It started by me rushing to the grocery store to get $5 cash to have in my wallet as a tip for the massage therapist I was on my way to see. (I'm only just getting around to using a gift certificate I received Christmas of 07.) Kurt assured me, if I did the self-check-out, I could use my credit card to buy something and get cash back. Well, that didn't work - the machine didn't ask if I wanted cash back and the transaction was done. Then I grabbed a diet dr. pepper, to do it again with my debit. AGAIN, it didn't ask me if I wanted cash back. So, I walked out of the grocery store with items I didn't really need and still no cash, which I needed. Did I mention I was in a hurry?

Kurt then, being the great guy he is, said he'd meet me with $5, because he wasn't far from where I was headed. He also said he had coins for on-street parking. So, I waited for him just a few minutes (the timing was perfect), he handed me a $5, and several quarters, and I threw the quarters in the meter and off I went to get my massage.

As I returned to my car, after a great massage, I saw a LOVELY city-provided envelope with a $10 ticket in it on my windshield. Apparently after that whole ordeal, I paid the WRONG meter! You've got to be kidding me! Just a reminder, I'm THIRTY, not EIGHTY.

I grabbed the ticket off the windshield, hopped in the car, told my girlfriend (with whom I was talking to on the phone) what had happened (in utter embarassment), and then put my keys in the ignition. At that point my car alarm starts blaring.
Why? I have NO idea.
How to stop it? I had no idea!
What the heck!

I finally got it to stop and pulled off to head to a friend's house who had picked Isaac up from school for me, in case the timing was cutting it too close to get him on time. When I got to her house, she wasn't there, so I thought I'd call her to see if I should meet her at the school. I found her in my phone, pushed call, and started talking to the wrong friend! I had called Bethany, rather than Buffye! Seriously! I think there is need to worry! Hopefully it's just a sign of too much going on in my head and in life, but please put me in a nice place, if it's more than that!

Tomorrow I'll start again - clean slate!

4 comments:

Claire said...

At least you got a massage out of the whole day!!!! Hope it was a good one!!! And if it makes you feel any better...I've been dropping everything--also not sure what is up with that.

skm22777 said...

At least your post lives up to your blog's www. address!! :-) Hope this weekend's better! (And at least COS tickets are only $10....I'm sure Denver's more!)

Hayley said...

Poor Erin! I'm so sorry. How did the rest of your day go?

JoAnn said...

what's the big deal? sounds like a typical day for me! welcome to the club, my dear. but i do agree with claire, i mean a day can't be all bad if you had a massage. i thought you were gonna say you got in the wrong car!!!!