Friday, March 12, 2010

"Beautiful"

The other day after Elyse's bath, I set her on my bathroom counter, as I always do, so I could dry her hair. Once it was dry, I told her to stand up and look in the mirror. She did. Her towel fell off, and completely naked she smiled really big and said, "Beautiful!"

Isn't that the truth! Beautiful! It seems simple and silly, but in a world where women (and her mother) struggle with their body image, I was ecstatic to hear her say that about herself!! We stood there together and said, "God made me Beautiful" over and over again, making up hand motions. She thought it was the best game ever!!

What a wonderful moment and a good reminder for me, even though most days it is so hard to believe when I see my reflection.

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. Psalm 139:14

5 comments:

Mary said...

Isn't it wonderful how our children can teach us such profound truths!! Listen to that little girl!

JoAnn said...

beautiful!! what a gift for you both. play that game everyday!!

Claire said...

i love this post. G1 has given me a whole new positive feeling about myself and it sounds like E is doing the same for you. just love it!!

Jessie said...

Erin, you are one hot mama. You should be saying the same thing as your smart baby girl.

Kristin Chadwick said...

How precious.