Thursday, June 10, 2010

Childhood Memories

A couple of weeks ago, Isaac and I hopped in the car quickly, as the dinner was simmering on the stove, to find out who is teacher is for Kindergarten next year. I don't think most schools do this anymore, but Broadmoor Elementary posts the class lists for the next school year, the week after school ends. It was so much fun to go up there together, because I remember running my finger down the list with great anticipation at that same school 20-25 years ago! Truth be told, I think I was much more excited than Isaac, but it was still a fun "moment" for the two of us.

We don't really have any background with either of the Kindergarten teachers, but in my two introductions to the both of them, I was immediately more drawn to one, because she reminded me of my sister, Lisa, with her enthusiasm and energy. I tried not to really hope for her over the other one, but I couldn't help it. Thankfully, Isaac ended up in her class, so I'm excited about that.

It's fun to think that some of the memories that will be created for the kids at their elementary school will bring up memories I have from my time there.




Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Claire said...

Very cool---G's school did this too. He will have a fun time in K!