Thursday, August 21, 2008

COULD THERE EVER BE TOO MUCH CHOCOLATE?

There's been a lot of chocolate in our house lately.

Problem? I don't think so.

Messy? YES!

We've had a lot of fun. First, my fabulous mentor mom from MOPS last year stopped by with a bunch of goodies for us. She brought me a yummy starbucks drink, a cute decorative piece about "The Home," and a journal to start a great tradition with Elyse. (I love using other people's ideas to create traditions for my family!) She also brought the boys buckets with shovels, ice cream, and worms to make MUD! We mixed it all up, added oreos and surprised them with a super fun dessert. As you can see, they loved it! I'm so glad she brought the "fixin's" over because it reminded me to be a "fun mom" in the midst of all the "to do's."

I had to remind Austin several times that it wasn't REAL mud, as he tends to be our "sensory" kid, smelling, tasting, touching, etc EVERYTHING that he comes in contact with. So far, I haven't caught him trying to eat REAL dirt/mud...yet!

Shortly after our "mud" experience, we had some friends over for dinner. In true Erin-not-the-greatest-hostess fashion, rather than making chocolate covered strawberries, as planned, due to a lack of time, we simply melted chocolate and served globs of it on everyone's plate with several strawberries! In my opinion, it was much more fun that way, but once again, pretty darn messy. The kids loved it.

Needless to say, I don't think Isaac and Austin could ever think we've had too much chocolate! Poor Elyse...no chocolate for her yet! She just has to watch and look pretty!

2 comments:

Kirby said...

What a fabulous post! A great reminder to me to be a "fun" mom more - instead of the "mean" mom Hunter thinks I am.

JoAnn said...

Love it Erin. Great Pictures. One more way we are alike, I would have done the same thing with the strawberries.... BTW... I think I have!!