Saturday, March 9, 2013

Milestones


One day = about 720 minutes of daylight. The days can be long, but the weeks are short.

This is the title of one of my friend's blogs. (Her link is on my page somewhere.) 

This week, possibly more than ever, I've been reminded of how short the weeks and years are. Less than a week after our middle child turned seven, I registered my last [biological] baby for kindergarten! There are no plans to adopt yet, and may never be, but my heart, and even the kids' hearts, are still broken for and pulled toward orphans in this world. I really feel as though that may be a part of our family's story...some day.
Then today, I registered Isaac for his first week of overnight camp!  

Some major milestones, for sure.  I'm not sad or sappy about sending Elyse off to school...I know that this is how it works, and she is simply ecstatic about going.  She even composed a song for her music class about how excited she was for kindergarten.  It does, however, amaze me how quickly the time goes!  I mean, holy schniekes, I'm going to be "half way to 70" next week, as a dear friend reminded me a few weeks ago!

Whether the days are long, short, good, or bad I'm thankful we know and love our Creator who delights in our growth and milestones and deserves all the Glory, no matter what we are doing or facing.  

Whether you eat or drink, do it all for the Glory of God.                             1Corinithians  10:31



No comments: