Thursday, June 23, 2011

Bear Creek Nature Center


Yesterday the kids and I headed out to Bear Creek Nature Center for a little education at the center, a picnic lunch, and then a hike to follow. The kids loved the nature center with all the hands-on learning. I think we all most enjoyed the honey bee exhibit. They were fascinated with the process and I loved reading that female bees are the only worker bees...I guess that goes for most species...

We had a great time and we were so proud of Elyse for walking approximately 2.5 miles only "half whining," as she told Daddy. She really is not our hiker - YET, but we've been very encouraging and she did wonderfully yesterday! Ace kept telling her how proud he was of her. It was very sweet. Here are a few photos of my outdoor adventurists.






I think maybe we've FINALLY hit a new milestone - a photo of all three of them with natural smiles, and only one "take!"

No comments: