Monday, May 9, 2011

A Good Day

A Good day on all counts...
An early morning walk up to the zoo with a new fun friend.
Volunteering in Isaac's classroom.
Christian Mom's Fellowship.
Confirming a "mother's helper" for my summer work days.
A visit from Megs and Mahlia.
Fun reading to and from Elyse.
A great in-person chat with Ali, with time to just "be," and not worry about all that needed to be done.
A REAL nap for Elyse.
A new yummy, healthy dinner made with leftovers and quinoa.

All clearly part of a great day, but the best part was giggles and kisses with Elyse. Happy times, enjoying one another, no whining, no "consequences," no exasperating (from either one of us) - just fun, mama/daughter time. Several moments. Intentional moments, throughout the day!

I think she enjoyed it as much as I did.

After uncontrollable giggling from my kissing her on the neck repeatedly, and after debating who loves who more, (think little Nutbrown Hare) she looked up and said, "when I grow up I want to marry you, mommy!"

Coming from a three-year-old that see's marriage as a "fairytale princess story," and "happily ever after," I would say that was a pretty loving comment from my often not-so complimentary, not-so easy little girl! Intentional one-on-one time. That's what she needs from her mommy!

The greatest ending to a very good day!

2 comments:

Anne said...

so glad you get to see a glimmer of hope and that she won't permanently be giving you the finger! sweet times!

Mary said...

Finally catching up on your blog... This one just warms my heart! I told you would love having a daughter! (And I am so blessed with three!)