Friday, August 27, 2010

Elementary-bound





Isaac's first day of Kindergarten was Thursday morning, August 19th. They start the kindergartners slowly. The parents stay with their kids and the class lasted a whopping 50 minutes. Albeit short, Isaac enjoyed seeing his classroom, re-meeting his teacher, seeing, yes seeing (I'm convinced young children don't actually meet one another for several weeks, after playing side by side) his classmates, and most importantly endulging in a donut and juice box














He enjoyed his first full week, but has sorely missed play time and time outside. The first day I asked him how recess was and he replied, "It was SOOO short."
"I know, it's 10 minutes," I said.
"Ten minutes?! 10 seconds!"

Needless to say, I think he and I are both very pleased he's only doing a half-day.

4 comments:

Christy said...

Oh my goodness!! He's going to Broadmoor!!! I don't want to even try to count how many years ago that you and I started our first day of Kindergarten there with Mrs. Keene. How cool is it that he gets to go to the same school!

Mary said...

A milestone, for sure! It was pretty weird driving into the parking lot to pick Isaac up yesterday. 'Deja vu all over again!'

Kirby said...

I noticed Isaac's red heart sticker in the palm of his hand. The Kissing Hand book must be a standard of all kindergartens ;-) He looks so handsome and grown-up. Yeah for Isaac!

Claire said...

I love his recess comment! So cute! I think 1/2 day was a nice way to break me into the school thing too...glad you still get to enjoy him for most of the day!