Wednesday, September 23, 2009

A Reminder

This morning I awoke just before my alarm clock to a terrible dream about terrorism. It was one of those dreams that I just couldn't get out of my head, no matter how hard I tried. Even while I was at the gym spinning, I just couldn't shake it. Then, I came home and got a quick peak at the front page of the paper that was all about the latest terrorist plots. I'm not one to normally dwell on things or to live in fear, but for some reason, today, I was somewhat paralysed with fear.

In the next couple of months, Kurt, the kids and I are travelling quite a bit, but only once as a whole family. That's the part that really paralysed me. I'm not afraid of death. I know that this is just a stop on the way to my TRUE home, but I just got so emotional about us travelling without one another and being in separate locations.

Amidst my over-reactive emotions this morning, I was reminded of Phillippians 4:8.

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is gracious, if there is any excellence and if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.

I'd be lying if I said I'm completely at peace now, but I DO trust in the Lord and am trying to focus on truth, beauty, and what is good, and only those things I can change!

1 comment:

Elise said...

I understand your fears, and so does the Lord....praying for you and your family. Love, Elise